McDonald’s USA engaged Cookerly to develop ongoing creative programs to reach new audiences and win customer hearts.
Cookerly brought myriad paid, earned, shared and owned (PESO) innovations to the table. We connected mom bloggers with the Ronald McDonald House, celebrated community athletes on McDonald’s All-American Basketball team, showcased the Under the Arches career program and much more.
To boost the new McDelivery program powered by UberEATS, we launched an around-the-clock campaign including media and influencer relations, social media, media buys and guerilla tactics to disrupt the market and drive news and events:
- Conducted mass grassroots food deliveries to twelve locations during the six-week launch including Sweet Auburn District after midnight, the Midtown District during an arts stroll, a popular pool on July 4, an outdoor film series at dusk and the city’s high-tech corridor
- Seized a news-grabbing opportunity to deliver breakfast to construction workers rebuilding city’s damaged Interstate, resulting in goodwill, press and demo of McDelivery in action
- Cashed in on millennials’ crave-worthy late night destinations and targeted early adopters in creative and technology industries
- Delivered to influencers like Nik Walker, “Aaron Burr” in Broadway’s Hamilton and popular radio DJs across pop, rock, R&B and Hispanic formats
- Secured 50 media placements including three Atlanta morning shows and 12,000 social posts
- Targeted consumers with weekly display ads, special discount codes and 10,000+ free delivery coupons
- Reached more than 2,000 people with food deliveries – with 95% positive social sentiment
- Saw aggregate 1.5% growth in first six weeks, 50 % more than expected; add-on products lifted average checks by 45%.
- This integrated campaign helped lift year-over-year sales and renew a reputation for innovation