Agency Honored with Seven Phoenix Awards and Four Certificates of Excellence
(ATLANTA — Fall 2013) Cookerly Public Relations, a leading Atlanta-based public relations and marketing communications agency, received recognition from the Georgia Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America for its most recent strategic communications successes. At this year’s annual awards celebration, held November 7th in Atlanta, the agency was honored with seven Phoenix Awards and four Certificates of Excellence. The prestigious awards reflect the agency’s dedication to conceiving and implementing programs and projects that maximize our clients’ return on investment.
“Georgia is the second largest PRSA Chapter in the United States and to be honored with seven Phoenix Awards is a humbling show of recognition from our peers,” said President Carol Cookerly.
Cookerly was honored with Phoenix Awards for the following public relations programs:
- Reputation/Brand Management Programs – Business – Companies with Sales of More Than $10 Billion Program Award for “Leaders Light the Way at SunTrust.” With a tenuous general economic recovery underway along with ever-increasing, aggressive competition from other financial institutions, Cookerly recommended a media relations program to enhance SunTrust’s reputation and brand designed to keep SunTrust favorably top of mind among consumers.
- Public Service – Government Program Award for “Ready Georgia: Ready Today, Safer Tomorrow.” Backed by the Georgia Emergency Management Agency, the campaign provides a local dimension to the national Ready America campaign and has a simple and specific call to action: create a kit, develop a communications plan and stay informed about potential local threats.
- Public Service – Associations Program Award for “The Clean Air Campaign: Tackling Traffic, Clearing the Air.” For the 13th consecutive year, Cookerly PR educated employers, commuters and school communities about changing behavior and supporting programs that reduce more than 1.4 million miles of vehicle travel and keep 700 tons of pollution out of our air each day.
- Marketing – Consumer Services – Health Care Services Program Award for Cancer Treatment Centers of America at Southeastern Regional Medical Center. To raise awareness in the Southeast market and educate consumers about CTCA’s integrated cancer care services, Cookerly developed a comprehensive marketing program focused heavily on media relations.
- Editorials/Op-Ed Column Project Award for “Intelligent Hospital Systems shows technology can make IV compounding safer.” Cookerly developed an op-ed that called on lawmakers and regulators to embrace pharmacy automation technology when making new pharmacy regulations following the 2102 meningitis outbreak.
- Writing – By-Lined Consumer Article Project Award for “Cancer Treatment Centers of America provides practical advice on nutrition.” As part of a comprehensive PR program to build brand recognition for the new Cancer Treatment Centers of Americaat Southeastern Regional Medical Center in Newnan, Cookerly developed a series of bylines to provide practical information about cancer topics and position CTCA clinicians as experts.
- Blogs Project Award for “Blog Helps Georgians ‘Get Ready.’” Tasked with localizing the Ready message of emergency preparedness for Georgia audiences, Cookerly Public Relations created the “Get Ready” blog that provided engaging, relatable and informative content.
Cookerly was also recognized in four additional categories with Certificates of Excellence:
- Reputation/Brand Management Programs – Business – Companies with Sale up to $500 Million Certificate for “Cookerly and Anisa International Showcase Beauty in Innovation.”
- Media Relations Consumer Services – Financial Services Certificate for “Wealth PR initiative raises visibility of premier banking services.”
- Media Relations Nonprofit Organizations Certificate for “Challenge Grant Triples Fundraising Goal for LifeLine Animal Project.”
- Writing – By-Lined Financial Article Certificate for “SunTrust Charts the Course for Retirement for Three.”
About Cookerly Public Relations
Cookerly Public Relations provides focused, strategic public relations counsel to an array of diverse, complex clients—from Fortune 500 companies to the public sector—across a broad range of industries including finance, environment, healthcare, technology and professional services. The seasoned experience of the Cookerly team delivers measurable results that strengthen our clients’ bottom lines through effective media relations, issues management and crisis communication, branding, and B-to-B and B-to-C marketing communications. Founded in 1990, Cookerly Public Relations is consistently ranked by the Atlanta Business Chronicle as one of the region’s top 10 privately-held public relations agencies.