Agency receives nine awards for excellent client service and celebrates induction of Chief Innovation Officer Stephen Brown into the prestigious Order of the Phoenix
ATLANTA – Nov. 6, 2017 – Cookerly, a leading Atlanta-based communications agency, was a big winner at the annual Phoenix Awards celebration hosted by the Georgia chapter of the Public Relations Society (PRSA). The agency won five Phoenix Awards, the chapter’s highest honor, and three Awards of Excellence which recognize outstanding achievements on behalf of its clients.
The prestigious awards honor top public relations programs and projects from the previous year, measuring effectiveness in generating positive media exposure, implementing successful messaging strategies, shaping public opinion and maximizing return on client investment.
Cookerly’s program to advance SunTrust’s onUp Movement won the Best of Phoenix Award – which denotes the most outstanding public relations campaign among all of the year’s winning entries. The onUp program was created to help the more than 70 percent of Americans who say they’re financially stressed achieve financial confidence. To accomplish this goal, Cookerly developed and executed a comprehensive communications program positioning SunTrust as the bank that helps consumers take control of their finances. Overall, the campaign surpassed all metrics by a wide margin.
In addition to the accolades accorded by the account teams, Cookerly’s Chief Innovation Officer, Stephen Brown, was inducted into the Order of the Phoenix and the Georgia PRSA Hall of Fame for his outstanding achievements during a 20-year agency career. Stephen was recognized for his significant contributions to the profession and exemplary community service work with Actor’s Express Atlanta and Jerusalem House. During his acceptance speech, Stephen shared his 20 Tips to Unleash Your Cabinet of Curiosities!
“We couldn’t be more proud of Stephen and all the client teams who took home top honors,” said President Carol Cookerly. “I’m thrilled that our expertise, creativity and hard work earned recognition from some of the most respected practitioners in our profession.”
Cookerly’s expertise in strategic marketing and public relations was recognized across various sectors including financial services, philanthropy, healthcare, automotive aftermarket retailing and consumer products.
Cookerly was honored with Phoenix Awards for the following:
- Media Relations – Consumer Services – Financial Services: “SunTrust Celebrates Opening Day at SunTrust Park”
- Media Relations – Consumer Products: “LightStream Survey Builds on Consumer Confidence”
- Media Relations – Business to Business – Professional and/or Financial Services: “SunTrust Stimulates Business Growth with Industry Expertise”
- Marketing Consumer Services – Health Care Services: “CTCA at Southeastern Fights Cancer”
- Marketing Consumer Services – Financial Services: “SunTrust Expands National onUp Movement to Advance Financial Well-being”
Cookerly was recognized in two additional categories with Awards of Excellence:
- Media Relations – Consumer Products – Non-Packaged Goods: “NAPA Auto Parts Showcases Enhanced KNOW HOW Throughout Top Store Grand Reopenings”
- Events or Observances (more than seven days) – Business Services: “Shepard’s Men: SHARE The Burden”
- Creative Tactics: Consumer Products: “McDonald’s Taps Millennial Taste Maker for Big Mac Event”
The agency has collectively earned more than 100 Public Relations Society of America awards during its 25 years in operation.