When Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) opened its newest hospital near Atlanta in 2012, it needed to ramp up name recognition and awareness of its integrative team care approach to attract patients throughout a competitive six-state market from Virginia to Florida.
Cookerly embraced a massive communications effort to support CTCA’s brand and build the health care center’s image as a technologically advanced hospital with highly successful cancer treatment outcomes – where skilled clinicians care deeply about their patients.
- To establish credibility through a steady stream of national and local press coverage, we developed creative news packages and pitches about what distinguishes CTCA: patient “cancer fighter” journeys and successes, families, expert caregivers, innovative technology/treatments and much more.
- Visibility was further expanded to keep CTCA top-of-mind with themed special events, familiarization tours, ready-to-use content, videos, news milestones and announcements and compelling bylines on topics from responsible use of opioids to nutrition for cancer patients.
Our ongoing partnership with CTCA, Atlanta has generated more than 3,400 media placements, complementing CTCA’s commercials with real-life narratives.
- National press includes WebMD, Reader’s Digest, MSN, Telemundo, US News & World Report, Yahoo News – plus extensive local outlets across all target market states.
- Notable trade placements span WebMD, Becker’s Hospital Review, Oncology Times, Managed Healthcare Executive, Medscape, Coping with Cancer, Best Health, Health Leaders and many more.
- Our program has helped spur growth that greatly exceeded expectations: Since 2012, CTCA, Atlanta has served 17,000 patients, much higher than projected. An estimated 500 jobs in five years turned into 900, and forecasted economic impact of $500 million expanded to $1.7 billion.