Previously we posted an article introducing firm friend Sean Moynihan and his monthly MBA (Moynihan Book Abstract). Sean is a big reader and lover of business books and he created his own template to give others a glimpse into the “hot and trending” business books. Here is a quick peak at his latest Abstract. If you would like to receive Sean Moynihan’s business book abstracts, write to him at Sean.Moynihan@AvisonYoung.com
What CEOs say you need to know to get ahead
By Betty Liu
The Big Ideas
2. Have a good team around you.
3. Information is key. Can you sit in a room and relate to everyone? Are you aware of the world around you?
4. Have a sense of humor.
5. Always be moving.
Some key quotes from the book:
Page 69: The three basics for the best negotiators and to be a very good salesman:
1. Know what the other party wants
2. Listen very carefully
3. Don’t let your emotions get in the way of the deal
Page 110: Flow is not only being in the moment, but enjoying the moment for what it is and nothing more.
Page 163: What I learned from my kids:1. The simplest explanation is the best
2. Focus – all it takes is an hour or so of focus to really get what you need accomplished
Biography (courtesy of Amazon.com)
Betty Liu is an Editor-at-Large and anchor at Bloomberg Television, based in New York. She’s also author of two books, “Age Smart” and “Work Smarts.” Betty was born in Hong Kong, grew up in Philadelphia and now resides in New Jersey with her family. Betty is reachable on her website at www.betty-liu.com.