Freedom and independence are not over-rated. Most everyone wants and thrives on a healthy dose of both. Our company founder put it well in a note to our team today:
Here comes July 4th and my heart swells with pride at the wonderfulness of our country. The brave people who created our democracy essentially designed what they could only dream since it existed nowhere on earth. They should be celebrated! We’ll close early on the 3rd so you can begin to get your independence on… Carol Cookerly
Here are some reflections from our team on what we value about our freedom and independence.
- I’m grateful for civility and civic duty and for parents who sacrificed and taught values of giving back to our collective community. SB
- Growing up in a military family, I’ve seen different perspectives on the terms “freedom” and “independence.” Whenever people thank my dad for his 36 years (and counting) of service, he thanks them for their support. America would not be the same without support from all around. I’ve witnessed first-hand that “freedom isn’t free” and I’m thankful that every American can do something to support our unmatched freedom and independence. EB
- I am always happy when I see so many of our fellow citizens proudly flying our beautiful national flag on July 4th in tribute to the greatest country on earth! RKB
- On the Fourth of July, I will be singing this tune by Lee Greenwood. It sums up my heartfelt feelings about freedom, liberty and this country:
And I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free
And I won’t forget the men who died who gave that right to me
And I’d gladly stand up next to you and defend Her still today
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.
- I appreciate that I have the freedom to be openly proud of the country in which I live, and the opportunity to live in a way that my country may be proud of me. AC
- Despite what some might have you believe, the United States of America is still the world’s brightest beacon of freedom. We as Americans are free to make whatever we want of our lives and the more effort we put into making our way in this nation, the greater the rewards. God bless America, the greatest country on Earth. Hands down! CS
- I’m thankful for the checks and balances of our system of government, which help to insulate us from the worst tendencies of people with power. MC
- I’m glad that I feel a tear well up at the last line of the Star Spangled Banner: O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave. JS
Tell us what stirs you, and enjoy the 4th!